10. He used to ride bulls. Not buffalo, bulls. And he was good.
9. My dad is probably the most fun guy you'll meet. From dressing goofy, to cone-ing, to food fights, he always taught me that having fun and following Christ are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they're on in the same most times! He is the master of pranks. It's a rule in the Minnick household to never leave your food or drink alone, otherwise it's fair game. Once he hid a cellphone in my closet that's ringtone was a terrifying baby laugh. He thinks dumping tobacco sauce and jumping out at me behind doors is the funniest thing ever. (Which, it is if you're not the victim.) He likes to randomly switch the labels on canned food. Having fun in the Minnick household was always a priority.
7. He is one of the most generous people I know. example #1: he has let me live at home, run up his utility bills, and eat his food for the past year. He is always giving to others, whether through finances, or time, no matter his schedule or financial situation.
5. I think one of the coolest things about my dad is that growing up, he was primarily my parent, secondarily my friend. He disciplined, punished, spanned and taught me right from wrong. There were so many days I couldn't stand his guts, and days we had screaming matches. But looking back, those terrible days of consequences built my character, my faith, and my understanding of how God loved his children.
4. He is super hard worker. By dad always instilled in me the importance of determination and work ethic. Despite not getting his Bachelor's my dad has been extremely successful in the workplace. He will credit it all to The Lord (he's also super humble), which is definitely a huge part of it, but he is the hardest worker I know. He's never given up, and shown what try determination looks like. Also, the man is over 50 and still runs races. And not like 10:00 min/ mile races.. But like 7:00 min / mile races. WHAT A BEAST.
I love you so much dad, even when I don't express it. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for our family. I am so blessed to have been chosen to be your daughter. #MinnicksRule